Okay I know that’s not funny. From here on out I’m warning all blog readers that I have been awake for WAY too many hours and thus making very bad jokes in my delirious state…
Life has been crazy since arriving in LA! I’m posting this from Auckland but I’m going to write a separate post about my time in LA and my time here (see next post for Auckland and plane ride stories). I had an amazing time in LA. I spent 3 nights and 4 days there, staying with a 26-year old friend from my internship last summer. She lives in a large-ish house with 4 guys, ages 24-28 (I think. There were so many of them that I often got them confused. I know 3 of their names, so maybe there were only 3. It felt like a lot of men… so I’m not entirely sure). Their house was always bustling with friends and activities, so even when I didn’t have anything planned I was highly entertained!
Lanterns from a random walk down Electric Avenue (I bet you all have that song stuck in your heads now!), and the Venice sign.
I spent a lot of time in Venice with the woman I lived with over the summer. She picked me up from the airport and also drove me around a lot. I had been missing her and her cats Nala and Tango so much since this summer! It was great to see all of them and spend some relaxing time in my old apartment. She also drove me to Millennium Dance Complex where I got to take a great hip-hop class! I also saw Shane Sparks who is a very famous choreographer and judge from So You Think You Can Dance as well as America’s Best Dance Crew. I was SO starstruck – couldn’t stop shaking!
I visited Inside Out Community Arts, the place I did my internship last summer, which was great. My boss had actually been to New Zealand a few years ago and showed me all of his pictures from the trip! It definitely helped me get excited to go there.
The girl I stayed with and I went to a place called Royal-T, which was an art gallery and cafe combined. We found this piece of "art" inside -- it is a Port-A-Potty sized structure with a disco ball inside, and an ipod with "You Shook Me All Night Long" on repeat! We had quite a lot of fun in this, as I'm sure you could have guessed.
After 3 days of seeing friends, roaming my old haunting grounds, the beach, and sun, I departed from the house and arrived at LAX International Terminal 4… Eek!
No comments:
Post a Comment