Friday, July 10, 2009

Alive and (almost) home :)

This will be a quick post, as it is almost 3 am in Houston, TX. I arrived stateside on June 30, and spent 6 days there frolicking with old friends. I made it to San Diego and Laguna to visit friends who have already graduated from Wheaton, as well as around the westside and south central LA to visit my friends from last summer. It was a whirlwind trip and I wish I could post pictures... but sadly my camera has been left in Jade (Chris's Prius), who is currently somewhere north of Napa Valley!

I've been in Texas for three days now, and although it has been almost 100 degrees, I have enjoyed the heat and seeing my family. I haven't seen my mother in over 4 months, and I haven't seen my grandmother and aunt in much longer than that. Tomorrow I am getting my first manicure of my life! (I KNOW, it's weird that I haven't had one before... I guess it was just never my thing... wasted money, in my opinion) We are also hopefully going to see 42nd Street, a musical that I have never seen and am very excited to see for free in an outdoor venue (Theatre Under the Stars).

I started and finished a novel, My Sister's Keeper, while here in Houston. It is by one of my favorite light-reading authors, Jodi Picoult. I love her work and was hoping to get to read this book before the movie comes out (Cameron Diaz, Abigail Breslin, and Joan Cusack... can't wait!). It is nice to have free time to read and relax again!

Well, that's all for now. Hopefully I will see many of you in the upcoming months, if not next week or two. It feels good to be home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment